Gods with Snow - Spacing  

Posted by MeganH in

I still haven't got the spacing of one stroke's width between each vertical right. It's close, but it isn't perfect and I want it to be perfect. But how many more times am I going to have to write the quote out? !!
I've gone back to marking in each space with a '/' with the idea of 'getting my eye in', and then dropping the '/' part way through writing the quote and seeing how well I do judging the distance by eye.
I've noticed one thing - I was trying to judge the distance by looking at the last vertical, imagining an 'invisible' verticle placed next to it and then marking the spot where the next vertical was to go. But if I look at only one point near the top of the verticals, it's much easier to judge - only looking at the width from the last to the about-to-be-drawn-vertical in 1 dimension, rather than looking at width and getting distracted by looking downwards towards their feet as well.
I think that I should sit down with a page from the Bedford Hours and mark out the spaces between the verticals with a pen of the same nib width - and see how well the scribe placed the verticals. I do want the spacing to be perfect, but I'd like some input on how well it really was done as well.

I'm also working on the Script Analysis document offline. Robert of Stonemarche is currently providing part of my brain.

This entry was posted on Thursday, October 26, 2006 at 11:55 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment