ongoing .....  

Posted by MeganH

I've found a LC2 Speedball nib that is sized between the large Speedball nib and the Brause, so I'll practise with that this morning.

I've also finished making up a ductus of letters from the Bedford Hours and Psalter - cutting out good clear letters from photocopies of pages of the mss. Next is ascender and descender heights and doing up a layout to compare to the original. I think this is important after my stuff-up with The Second Coming. Making a mistake at this stage - it's rather integral information that you just don't want to get wrong by rounding mm measurements up or down the wrong way and ending up with a layout of guidelines that is just a bit off.

I talked with Gemma Black yesterday about the script analysis work, and also my plans for the next year. http://elmsleyrose.blogspot.com/2006/09/plans-for-next-part-of-my-work.html
She teaches students about script analysis of the Bedford Hours (!), exactly what I'm doing, so it was great being able to make contact with her.

Gemma's website is at http://www.pcug.org.au/~gblack/

A Fellowship from CLAS! I'd so love to learn enough to be able to do one! At the moment, I aspire to get a Certificate of Calligraphy for the Gothic Script at the end of this year of study - the very beginning of the CLAS ladder of progress. http://www.clas.co.uk/

She's given me some ideas about the script analysis work and also my plans. It's an honour to talk to her, as it is to talk to the Laurels, and recieve some advice.

I'm going a bit nuts because I'm mostly asleep at the moment because of a new (and thankfully temporary) medication, which is really holding me up on progressing the script analysis document. I put the latest version into the Script Analysis post yesterday, but didn't bother to paste in the pictures since I intend to update it again soon.

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 29, 2006 at 12:45 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment