Jacobean Card - writing  

Posted by MeganH in ,

I've gone through and signed the prints of the picture. My first signed piece!
I'll have to come up with a little emblem to say it's me.

I've cut out and ripped the edges (using one of those rough-edged metal rulers) of lots of little squares of Bockingford paper to paste on the back of the cards. These will have the greetings and personal note written on them.

I was going to use Dr Martin's Irridescent Ink - Copperplace Gold (11R) to write "Season's Grettings". I wrote out a test sentence using it and was disappointed by the uneveness of the pigmentation (even after lots of shaking and stirring).

I wet up my Pelikan Gold (Or - presumable "Gold" in German) goauche pan, and the colour was the same dark gold colour, with far far better pigmentation. I'm a convert. I'm actually getting a bit of build up/raised writing on the page.

This entry was posted on Thursday, November 30, 2006 at 4:21 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

now at least I know you aren't talking about shoes.....*grin*

December 1, 2006 at 9:33 PM

I've got so used to "Dr Martin's Ink" that I didn't even think of Doc Martens - even tho i wear them!

December 1, 2006 at 9:45 PM

Post a Comment