Gods With Snow - Finished  

Posted by MeganH in

After I noticed that the joining strokes between the verticals to form an N or M were placed so that they ran just over the top of the diamond of the second vertical (as I was talking about in my last post on the Gods with Snow quote) I also noticed that the diamonds at the foot of each vertical was also extended. And, of course, there are 'ticks' on each diamond, top and bottom.

Talk about doing a script analysis backwards!

I haven't incorporated the larger diamond feet or the ticks into my work on the quote.

I've reached a stage where I'm happy. The point of me practising this quote was to

  • get my verticals straight
  • get my verticals evenly spaced (with the width of one vertical between each one)
  • get my diamonds crisp
  • get my diamonds 'hanging' from the x-height line, and 'floating' from the baseline.
I feel that I've achieved all of this and I'm happy to move on.

Of course, the scan isn't straight. My scans are never straight.

Here 'tis.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 10, 2007 at 1:39 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment