ongoing .....  

Posted by MeganH

I'm working on a big post about the angles of all the letters, and how they relate to the theory about the angles of G.T.Q. letters as written by Drogin and Harris. It's taking awhile, not least because I'm loading a scan of each individual letter. (and I scanned and loaded the wrong page - don't ask)

Also, I've discovered that I'm not blind! There WEREN"T any W's in period! I shall have to write about that too.

I've started re-drawing the ductus on graph paper to get it as accurate as possible, and am also practising the split ascender/descender used in the script. It's not a normal split (fishhook) ascender - it's got an extra horizontal stroke, so it's less deep.

As usual, my notes are a fair bit behind my actual work! It's been over 35 degrees here (100 degrees or more) lately - that's my excuse! :-)

This entry was posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2007 at 11:54 AM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment