I say 'ductus' but it isn't, of course. Ductii have stroke direction markup. This is - um, an exemplar?

I've finished mapping out the letters on graph paper.

There are also a few updates to the pages with notes on the ascender/descender heights, and stroke angles.


I learnt heaps about the construction of the letters by doing this. Definitely a useful exercise.

The next thing to do is use a broad nib pen on the graph paper.

I talked about the decisions I was making about the letter forms in
http://elmsleyrose.blogspot.com/2007/01/script-analysis-ductus-on-graph-paper_30.html

It would be interesting to make decisions other than I have made (eg fairly straight quadrants) and see the difference in the set of letters I come up with. Although, right now - if I don't make some progress towards finishing the script analysis and actually practising the script itself I think that I'll go mad.

I do have an illumination project due at the end of next month and I want to get started on it - hopefully have it ready to present somewhere near the appropriate date, unlike Kit's gift, which was months late.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 8, 2007 at 3:40 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment