ongoing .....  

Posted by MeganH

Back to the Bedford Psalter script analysis.

I must admit that I'm having a difficult time. So far, I've
worked on a script analysis list of questions,
sorted out the original spacing used in gothic textura quadrata script and re-trained myself to use it,
done analysis of the letters and am half way through graphing them on double pen width sized graph paper
practising getting the curve leading into the ascenders correct

- currently still working on the last two tasks.

This is g.t.q. script and by it's nature it's slow, and written firmly and carefully. Having a chronic pain condition, I'm finding it difficult with the repetitive nature of practising the letters. Still, no way am I going to let it defeat me. I've been distracted by projects the last few months, and really need to get a move on, and finish this analysis. It'll be much better when I can practise the actual script and get a little more variety of movement than drawing endless ascenders, which I've done an awful lot of, and start on the analysis of the illumination.

This entry was posted on Saturday, May 12, 2007 at 3:13 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment