This table shows everything I know about the letters A and B.

A revisit to all the information and to the source script hasn't hurt - I've made a couple of little corrections (like my Bs were too wide before).


I've tried the "everything heavy" method from Drogin, and it's looking good.

I tried using coloured watercolour ink to draw the letters and it's very time consuming, waiting for one colour to dry. I didn't feel that it added enough information to be worth it. I can make notes on any particular strokes that I need to.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Jennifer Trethewy  

wow, someone who is as obsessive about letterforms as I am! I am impressed. I'll need to look up the psalter you're analyzing, when the kids don't need help with breakfast (oh, these stolen moments) but these look fantastic. A very Drogin like ductus. Shoot me an e-mail, I always love to chat with fellow calligraphers.
jennifer L _ r @ hotmail . com (take out spaces). I've really got to get back to breakfast, but it's hard to tear myself away from your great callig. Well done!

June 7, 2007 at 9:02 AM

Post a Comment