In the Forest - Illumination Drawing Finished  

Posted by MeganH in

I don't want to have to draw another acanthus any time soon. I am STILL seeing them when I shut my eyes.

That said, I've finished drawing the illumination.

Yes, my ability at joining scans together sucks. I've never done it before, and I'm pleased that I did as well as I did.


It's not a direct copy of the Bedford Psalter page. The major changes are

* moving the illuminated letter up to the top left corner, instead of one third down the page, which meant some changes to the illumination design

* a spray instead of the shied in the middle of the bottom

* the right hand side is a mirror of the left, rather than having just a little bit of design (my English isn't working today) because it led into the gutter, being originally a double page spread.
I did trace the left hand side and used it on the right.
The extra drawing would have been 'good' for me, but I think that I may have screamed.

I have drawn up the text block, with the lines, on Arches HP, this morning.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 at 7:40 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment