Embroidered Book Cover - Carnation Finished  

Posted by MeganH in


As if I ever get scans straight.

So this is the first element for the front cover.
I mucked up the dark crimson shading - in fact, the shading in general is a bit bodge, tho I like the colours I chose.
I'm learning. I'll get better.

I've read Clare Hanham's book now, and should do better. I know about which order to use to make the various parts of the flower stand out more as well. (ie embroider the backmost parts first with shilly shallying around with the outlining)

I'll restart work on "In the Forest" when I'm feeling able to sit up at my calligraphy desk for a few hours.

Actually, I have a piece to do for Nick (modern versals in watercolour pencils, which Kit learnt at a workshop and is going to teach me) to say Thankyou, before I get back to "In the Forest".

And I haven't gotten even close to painting a Christmas card this year ....

This entry was posted on Saturday, December 1, 2007 at 9:21 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

and I notice the frame...

December 1, 2007 at 10:09 PM

I love the colors for the carnation! Clare's book is really good for tips, isn't it?!

Keep up the great work!

Christmas cards? Oh darn. When IS Christmas this year?

December 2, 2007 at 7:46 AM

Post a Comment