Embroidered Book Cover - Leaves  

Posted by MeganH in



I *had* to re-do the dark red/gold/cream leaf near the bottom. I just wasn't happy with it.
I unpicked it (a nightmare since I did it in split stitch), then padded it (the background material not being very happy after all it's usage) and did a leaf in oranges over the top.

I'm well pleased with the leaves for the carnation. One isn't quite finished - I'm waiting for some more of that light green to arrive.

I'm going to do another carnation (in the oranges of the re-done leaf) in the top curliqued stalk, and a carnation bud on the top right hand side. I need to decide what I'm going to put in the curlique at the bottom. I drew too much of a curlique - it goes around one too many times. And I drew it in pen. I need a small flower or something to cover it.

The leaf that matches the carnation - I did an outline in buttonhole stitch, with the 'prongs' of the stitch facing outward (I've seen that design, with little lines extending from the edge of the leaf, although I don't know if it was buttonhold stitch used) - but I ran into trouble because the leaf has spikes. I ended up doing my normal gold couching.

This entry was posted on Thursday, December 13, 2007 at 7:32 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Dragonsally  

not happy with it -you SO are a glutton for punishment. Tis going to be spectacular whn you've finished, cos its pretty impressive now

December 13, 2007 at 9:51 PM

WOW! Nice progress! I love the cornflower and the leaves - the whole thing is coming together really well.

I agree thoroughly with the sequin decision, too. Gold spangles might be the thing - they would blend well with the rest of the motif and you can get small ones that would "fit" better.

Really beautiful!

December 16, 2007 at 4:59 AM

Post a Comment