Rust Red Iris - Back Petal  

Posted by MeganH in

Ok - this time I worked it from the top down, and it turned out perfectly, except ......
I nearly went MAD filling in the cream.

I wanted to avoid a herringbone look for the centre, but there seemed no way to get around it.
I did it 4 times, and tried using very long stitches (as the design does)

but then ended up with a lot of very small stitches, and texturally it looked terrible.

So I ended up doing it 'herringbone' last night.

Ooops - haven't done the turnover at the left top yet

It looks very red- but other petals have the brown of the hood, and will 'bring them together'.
I do love the graduating reds - it looks great!

This entry was posted on Friday, March 14, 2008 at 11:42 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

i like the graduated reds too, and the cream looks fine from here!

March 14, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Thankyou!

I think I ended up with a much broader shape to put the cream in - so I had to do a lot more stitches than the few long cream ones you can see in the closeup of the design.

There's a nice big cream bit in the next petal, so it should all fit in.It won't be lonely :-)

March 14, 2008 at 1:06 PM
Dragonsally  

Looking good! And the reds are gorgeous

March 15, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Tremendous, it graduated beautifully. Amazing how you have done something so much more beautiful than it appears in the book!

March 15, 2008 at 1:43 PM

Just different, I think :-)

March 15, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Post a Comment