Document of the Day  

Posted by MeganH in ,

For Historical Embroiderers :

Three Scottish Embroideries, by Helen Bennett

http://ads.ahds.ac.uk/catalogue/adsdata/PSAS_2002/pdf/vol_107/107_330_332.pdf

"Since 1973 the Museum has purchased three major examples of 16th- and 17th-century
embroidery......"

It's interesting what they say about Queen Mary and her making any valances.

There's two nice detail pictures of the work in question.

I wish the other plates were clearer - the third one, with the range of stitches, sounds really interesting.

This entry was posted on Sunday, May 25, 2008 at 2:02 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

A self link, in case you hadn't seen it. (btw, check out the 'via' site - I think you'll like it too)
Gothic Illuminated Manuscript.

[I'm not wandering around trying to drum up traffic; I just reckon this stuff is right up your alley!]

May 25, 2008 at 7:24 PM

btw, as much as I'm gratified by the bloggy love, I think including BibliOdyssey TWICE in the sidebar is going overboard ;- )

May 25, 2008 at 7:26 PM

I may have been asleep at the time (one of the times) *grin*

May 25, 2008 at 11:06 PM

The pattern book is certainly up my alley. An SCA scribe spotted it in Bibliodessey and re-posted it, so you've been visited by loads of SCA lately :-)

May 25, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Post a Comment