Looking for 100% pure silk velvet.....  

Posted by MeganH

Shortly after Tricia released the Thistle Thread Tulip Slip kit, with the optional finishing kit that contained a piece of real silk velvet as the backing, it's come up twice in conversation in the historical embroidery 'blogosphere'.

I've been googling, looking at the historical embroidery supply shops ...... I'm considering a piece to back my Bishop Cope's piece - it would be purple, and have all the seperate pieces on the design (on dupion) appliqued onto it.

I'm sure someone mentioned an embroidery shop that now sells it in their blog. Can you remember? Do you know a good source for proper silk velvet?

Much appreciated

This entry was posted on Thursday, July 21, 2011 at 3:12 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

6 comments

Britex Fabrics in San Francisco should carry it if you're looking for a garment weight.

July 21, 2011 at 4:51 PM

I don't know of anywhere offhand. I'm trying to remember the name of a shop I used to go past that probably has a website now...!

July 22, 2011 at 1:18 AM

Try here: http://www.ohsoelegant.com.au/catalogue.php?cat=1&sub_cat=38

July 22, 2011 at 4:20 AM

Stone Mountain and Daughter in Berkeley California carries it

July 23, 2011 at 1:50 AM

http://www.aurorasilk.com/fabrics/silks_shiny/ALLSILKVELVET.html

Aurora sells it too

July 24, 2011 at 12:03 AM

I bought some in April from
www.Dyecandy.etsy.com and I really like it. Etsy has lots of venders selling silk dyed velvet.
Shirlee

July 25, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Post a Comment