Gods with Snow - Spacing  

Posted by MeganH in

The LC2 Speedball nib is a bit of a bugger. I have to use (comparitively) a lot of force to drag it down on the verticals, which is making them wobbly.
However, I'm happy with the evenness of the spacing.
And I was happy with the of the spacing with the Brause nib the other day.
So I reckon I'm ready to try to reproduce the Gods with Snow quote exactly as is shown in Mark Drogin's book

ie
- same nib width, x-height as shown in the scan above. Including the ticks on the diamonds which can create a challenge. You want the spacing of the verticals to be one pen width, but also have enough space to have discernable ticks on the top and bottom of each diamond without them crashing into the ticks of the diamond next to it and looking like a join instead.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 30, 2006 at 2:02 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

Gee you've been busy. I tend to hate drawing lines. They never seem to come out pefectly straight. lol For practice I've been using this site: http://www.scribblers.co.uk/cgi/gridlines.pl
It's pretty cool.
Have a great day!
Akiko

November 6, 2006 at 7:50 PM

I can't draw straight lines either. I have a Rotring desk set now, and I STILL can't draw straight lines!
(Although I only use a ruler day to day)
Gridlines is great - I use it often. :-)

November 7, 2006 at 12:11 PM

Post a Comment