ongoing .....  

Posted by MeganH in

Still sick.
Bit worried about how many hits I'm still getting in my blog, presumable for the Script Analysis piece - when I know that I haven't finished it! I'll send a mail out to Scribies when I have. It holds together at the moment but it isn't finished!

There was a great idea from a lady called Alice in Cyberscribes today.

I will take up practising ovals a'la Bill Hildebrandt again when I've finished practising my spacing quote (bit rough doing both - a million circles then a million straight lines - does my head in) with a view to building up to flourishing and cadeaux, as in his book.

The ovals are still in pencil. last time I was doing them. I will transition to pointed pen when I can do them evenly and as fast as he says I should be able to (I forget how many per minute he says - but it's an awful lot).

Anyway, Alice was talking about how useful using a ruling pen was in teaching muscles re pressure and speed with ink because it's unforgiving.
I do have a ruling pen - just never used it.

And if there is one thing I'm shocking at - it's hand/eye co-ordination and having a heavy hand, so I'll take all the help I can.

This entry was posted on Monday, October 23, 2006 at 4:45 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

4 comments

Have a look at this, if you haven't seen them already
yoropen.com.au
You know me and pens -I want one now!

I though it looked like it would be good for practise calligraphy too because you can see what you are doing as you write it!

October 23, 2006 at 10:41 PM

You have so much dedication to being a good calligrapher! I think that's what it takes to get good at it......... unless you have a born talent to it.... and there are so few of those (like 1 in 100 million).... so for those of us who aren't Motzart, there's practice. And even them, I'm sure Motzart practiced. ;)

October 24, 2006 at 10:28 AM

ll, thank'ee, ladee :-)

October 24, 2006 at 12:36 PM

Well I hope you're feeling better soon. I wore myself out from Crown and a few other things. ;) I'll be updating my blog soon.
Your dedications is incredible!
HUGS,
Akiko

October 26, 2006 at 8:03 AM

Post a Comment