Script Analysis - Those Pesky Diamonds  

Posted by MeganH in


I've been working on getting the diamonds tilted further up on the right, rather than further up on the left. I've done it!



I'm not writing very well today (this is the best line of my practise).

Also, the shapes of the tops of the ascenders (that curvy bit between the x-height and ascender line) has gone a bit to pot, because I'm so busy concentrating on tilting the diamonds correctly.

The other thing is that I used a biro to rule the lines, making the base line a bit too thick and it's uneven too - so exactly where the diamonds are finishing is a bit variable.

I've just finished this piece of graph paper so I'll rule the next one with lines as thin as the graph paper lines themselves, so I can see what I'm doing better. The diamonds need to just float above the base line.

Bit more practise and I'll get it all.

Meanwhile, I have a couple of small calligraphy projects that I need to get done for friends.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 4, 2007 at 4:12 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

I know why you're bushed...its looking at all these squiggles!

I'll say it again...how do you keep at it?

February 4, 2007 at 10:58 PM

I am actually going cross-eyed occasionally, working on the graph paper! *grin*

February 5, 2007 at 10:38 AM

not surprising at all. Does that to me just looking at it!

February 5, 2007 at 10:02 PM

It looks like an absolutely perfect row to me! This is an incredibly detailed study!

February 7, 2007 at 2:01 PM

Thankyou :-)

I don't know how to do the script analysis EXCEPT as a detailed study as I'm doing it.
I've got two more to do after this, and hopefully I'll be able to streamline a bit, as I'll know what I'm doing after this!

February 11, 2007 at 1:17 PM

Post a Comment