ongoing .....  

Posted by MeganH

I've done a project for Kitty - I can't show a scan because it shows personal information.
It was in "standard" Gothic Textura Quadrata, which was a bit confusing for me. I've gotten used to spacing my verticals evenly, a'la historical mode, and I had to pop back to using the modern sort of 'kerning' method that is used now.
I did enjoy doing some Majuscules. I love the S - like a multi-layered cake!

I'm working on another small project now. I can't show it's progress, coz I don't want to show it until it's finished and the other friend has received it. It's great fun. It's in modern calligraphy - which I'm definitely not used to! And there are colours and everything!

My aim is to finish the Bedford Psalter ductus on graph paper, and then I have ANOTHER project to do. An illuminated N for Nick for his 40th - due at the end of April, so I reckon I've got until the end of March to finish the ductus. I hope to be able to have time to re-do it, given I've learnt so much about the letters as I've gone along.
I am really looking forward to doing the illumination tho. Meisterin Katarina Helene expressed suprise that I liked doing illuminations a while ago - she thought that it was all calligraphy, calligraphy, calligraphy.
When in fact, I love illumination more - but I want to study the calligraphy - and it just takes *forever* ! So I actually really like it when the real world inserts itself, and I need to disrupt my study to do a little something :-)

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 15, 2007 at 5:47 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

oh, ongoing!

I thought your post was about going, ie leaving ie.....oh it's Friday and I'm all wore out.

Can't wait to see my N :)

February 15, 2007 at 8:59 PM

I'll post pictures of the N as it develops, so you can watch.

And I can't wait to give it to you

February 15, 2007 at 9:35 PM

I feel like a fly on the wall....*sly grin*

February 16, 2007 at 12:32 AM

Post a Comment