Stumpwork  

Posted by MeganH in

This is Kit's 40th birthday/Christmas present. It was meant to be for her birthday, back last August, but I didn't get it finished in time.
























The petals are sewn onto florist's wire so that you can move them around (a general idea in stumpwork). They are made of red/gold ribbon on the facing side, and dark gold (same colour as my beloved Pelikan D'or gouache) on the back side.

The middle is a stuffed black velvet hump, covered with dark red and dark gold seed beads. It is encircled by loops of dark gold wire.

It sits on a black silk velvet backing, with a gold cord 'extra frame or mat' sewn in. (I feel like I'm describing a script!)

I've also made a stumpwork dragonfly for Sally in the past (my other piece of stumpwork), shown at http://elmsleyrose.blogspot.com/2006/09/sallys-dragonfly.html.

I really must make something for myself - other than the quick-ish sampler I made, which I don't like very much.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 16, 2007 at 7:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Did you hear my indrawn breath? That is glorious! Such talent.

February 18, 2007 at 2:23 AM

Post a Comment